Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gotcha!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away...

Gotcha!

Okay go ahead and look at the pictures, then come back to hear about our day! We left Beijing around 10:30am and arrived in Nanchang about 2:15pm. We were originally told that we would meet the babies at 5pm, however when we landed our guide told us that we would meet them at 4pm. So we checked-in our room, unpacked, got the diaper bag ready and headed to the 2nd floor to wait for the babies. There were a total of 5 other families with us. They brought Jinjue right by me and I did not recognize her. I looked and thought for a minute, no too young. But it was her.

The ladies from the orphanage recognized me from the pictures I sent. When I approached Jinjue she melted. She cried at the sight of me. When I held her she pushed me away. Once I let her down, she walked over to the ladies from the orphanage and calmed down. She was fine as long as she didn't have to look at us! She interacted with the other kids and took some cheerios from Dave. It was heartbreaking to leave the room. She screamed and cried. Once we got her in the room she stood facing away from us trying to open the door to leave. About 10min. later I wiped her nose and that was it! She let me! So I took the opportunity and undressed her. She had on about 3-4 layers of clothes on. I will count them later. Dave ran a bath and I bathed her. Once I had her in a towel close to me she held on!!! She hasn't let go since. She is fine as long as she is on me. Which by the way is just fine with me. If I try to walk away she cries. She wouldn't sleep in the crib last night, so we cuddled! She is just waking up now, so I have to go. There is so much more I need to say about our day. I am hoping to have some down time today to catch up on our posts!

Kids- We love you and miss you very much. You sister is beautiful and I can't wait for you to see her. We will talk on Skpe tonight! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Our first look at her
Gotcha

The Orphanage Ladies

As close as I can get

As close as Dave could get


The clothes she was wearing




After a bath
Much happier after a bottle, bath, and some toys!

17 comments:

Dawn said...

She is beautiful ~ CONGRATS!!!

Cathy said...

Dave & Steph! She is beautiful. Skype does not do her justice. That picture with the smile it the BEST! There will be alot more of those to come! We will see you on skype tonight if it works out! Have a fun and hopefully productive day! Get some rest! You will need it for her and for yourself! I pray she connects with Dave today but am wondering if she has had any exposure to men at all at the orphanage??? Anyhow, it will come!
Love you and talk to you soon
Cathy

AMADOR said...

GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS...SHE IS ADORABLE....
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY AVA..

Kate said...

Oh, she is beautiful! Congratulations and happy bonding!
Kate

Les said...

OMG!!!! I am so happy. She is so cute. I can't wait to see her. Sounds like you are going to need a bigger air mattress in your room. HEEHEEHEE:) Keep us posted!

Love you and be safe!
Les

Les said...

OMG!!!!! She is sooooo cute. I can't believe it. What a little blessing. I can't wait to see her in person. Sounds like you are going to have to buy a bigger air mattress for your room. Heeheehee!!!!! :) I love it!!!!

Robin said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!!!! I am speachless. I cant wait to pinch her cheecks! Thors working on a nickname for her!

Joanne said...

Hi Dave & Stephanie,

She is so beautiful! What a magical journey you are all having! This is the beginning of the rest of your lives. We are so happy for you guys.

Congratulations!
Love Jo and family! :)

armandoarce said...

Had breakfast with your mom Kile and my pretty girl this mourning after church and your mom told me about your first encounter with Ava to me very normal, but i cried too the first time i saw you, but look how much i learned to love you. Everything is going to be more than just alright. I know you and Dave trust the Lord. Both of you have done a beautiful thing and Ava is a cutie pie. Love uncle Mando

Janine said...

Hi Stephe and Dave

I am sitting hear balling my eyes out!!! What a great time in your lives... I hope I get to meet her someday and see the rest of your beautiful family...Be safe

Love, Janine

Janine said...

I must be tired...I meant here not hear duh...

Mom said...

God is good. Robin, Cathy and I have had our prayers answered. We will continue praying for all of you while you are in China. The kids love their new sister and can't wait until you're all home. I'm getting ready to start our day so God bless and love you all.
Mom

BabyBain said...

We are so happy for you! It is wonderful to finally see you together!

Cathy said...

I have looked at these pictures so many times. I am so glad things are going good. We didn't get to see you last night but maybe tonight. When I get home we will try again. Have a great day! More pictures would be great but I know it is not always easy!
Love you
Cathy

Les said...

You are killing me with the suspense. I can't take it. What's going on???

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! We are so happy for all of you! Can't wait to see you!

Robin said...

Am I the only one checking this every 5 minutes???!!! LOL No pressure Steph.....it is 6:30 Tuesday mrning your time:) Hey can I get the lotto numbers for Tuesday. I'll share it with you!