Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ni hao

We're in Beijing! Wow, I just can't believe I'm writing this. It still feels so surreal. I just wonder when it's going to feel real? Maybe today when we begin our touring.

So here is a recap of yesterday. We woke up around 2:30am, got ready and left for the airport around 3:45am. We left LAX at 7:30am and arrived in San Francisco around 8:30am. We had a layover, so we had breakfast, bought a couple of books and magazines and boarded our plane around 10:30am.

The flight was really easy. We upgraded to economy plus (Thank you Uncle Adolfo and Cathy) and there were only 16 of us in that whole section! We put our stuff in the row in front and back to us. We sat near a couple who was celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary and decided to vacation for 4 days in China. They were funny and they both talked to us, but we never saw them talk to each other. He even made the comment that that's how they stay together. :(

As many of you know my biggest concern on the plane was how many times I would be fed! Well, United Airlines did a wonderful job and fed me 3 times! Ooh and the food was good. Many of you may not know this, but I love airplane and hospital food! Below are the pictures of my meals.

The flight attendant were very nice and accommodating. They gave us a bottle of champagne when we told them why we were on our trip. They of course, gushed over Dave and gave him free beer and extra food. They gave us tips on where to shop and card of people to visit to get the best deals.

Dave and I played cards (Rummy) (I won by alot) (that's important), watched movies, listened to music, watched the map, and slept for maybe 3 non-consecutive hours.

Going through customs was easy and getting to our hotel was a breeze. The hotel is beautiful and our hotel room is really comfortable. I've heard the beds are so hard they are difficult to sleep in. Well, not for the Crivelli's. I think they are soooo comfortable, and the sheets feel good. We fell asleep around 6:30pm and woke up at 5am. I made us each a cup of our instant coffee, put a Friends DVD on and got on the computer.

We will get ready for our day around 7am. Today we will be really busy and I'll post again tonight.

Kids- We miss you soooo much! I talked to Nani last night and she said you are all being so good and you liked you gifts we left you. Have fun playing with them. Remember to finish your homework first. Have fun with Nani! I'll talk to you guys on Skype soon. We love you very much!!!







5 comments:

Robin said...

Hi
The bagel looked good. Around 34 hours and you will be holding precious Ava in your hands. She has been in your heart for so long....Now you get to touch her! I am so thankful for Skype! It felt like you were in Chino Hills. HAve a fun day and I cant wait to read the next Blog.

Mom said...

i miss you both very much and i am getting all my work done. i want these 2 weeks to go by fast so we can see ava. well i got to do some homework i miss you and love you so much. and keep us updated love you. i liked the big bottle of diet pepsi lol (laugh out loud)
love James

Mom said...

i miss you even kara and james miss you so does nana.be careful and have fun. And i love Ava.i hope you get this meseg wind you get ava.

Cathy said...

Hi guys!
I watched you fly all the way. It was an adventure. I wish I could be with you living each minute. Im just can't believe that you are finally getting Ava. I hope you have a great time and that every moment will create nothing but positive memories! We love you and can't wait to meet our new baby!
Love you
Cathy

armandoarce said...

Great your there. This blog is super it's almost like I'm there with both of you. Have fun and bring back my new niece to all of us. As your mom my sister said it's going to be a long 2 weeks like when your a kid waiting for x-mas. Is Dave really eating rice only? God Bless both of you and tomorrow i'll see what you did today your time. Love uncle Mando