Friday, December 12, 2008

Sorry For Not Posting Sooner!

I have so much to catch up on, but tonight will be short. Ava Jinjue is doing wonderful. Everyday she is changing and really opening up. I still don't think we've seen the real Ava, but I know we gotten glimps. She loves to talk, but will only do so a few times a day for about 10min at a time. She is still nervous for much of the day. You know when she is nervous because she spits. That's right.... she spits. Very lady like! She will also play with her hands and put her head down. She has really warmed up to Dave. He can do everything with and to her except hold her. We went out yesterday and there was one point where we had to be quiet and watch a short show.... well Ava decided to act like a typical 2 year old and throw a fit. I took her outside and she decided she didn't want to hold my hand or be carried and would scream and throw herself on the floor if I tried. There were hundreds of people watching (judging) my parenting skills. Thank God I'm not a 1st time parent and I don't really care what they think, but the stares do become a little intimidating. Needless to say we left the group and headed back to our hotel. Both Ava and mommy needed a nap by then. Tonight we received the last of her paperwork which included her passport, so tomorrow we will travel to Guangzhou. I am very excited for this 2nd to last leg of our trip. I hear the food, the hotel, and the shopping is great. I'll try to catch up and post more tomorrow.

This trip has been hard for many reasons, but most of all was leaving my children at home. My worst fear was that one of my kids would get sick and I wouldn't be able to be there and comfort them. Well, my fear came true last night. I am asking for prayers for my eldest son James. He is 17 and is currently in the hospital. He has Rhabdomyolysis. This is caused from working out. He told my mom that he was having blood in his urine and thank God my mom acted quickly and got him to the hospital. His blood levels are extremely abnormal. His kidneys are working overtime and he can go into renal failure. If his kidneys stop producing urine he will need dialyses. When I spoke to him he said he's not in pain and is in good spirits. My mom and uncle are there with him along with his dad and step mom. His dad is staying the night and promised me that (I think he would have said yes to anything I asked with all the crying I was doing) he would not leave his side for a moment. When I spoke to them around 7:30pm his creatinine level had decreased a little. There plan is to increase his fluid tonight and try and flush out the tissue. If all goes well he can go home on Sunday.

I can't tell you how desperate, heartbroken and just devastated I am. I need to be there with him and I just want to go home. I need to see him and touch him. I just can't believe this is happening. I can't stand the the fact that I can't do anything. I am helpless. Please pray that tomorrow his numbers are better and his kidneys continue to function and that his overall condition improves.

I have faith that the Lord has his arms around my entire family and I know he will heal my son. I know that he is taking care of all of us and I praise him!

I know I can't say Thank you right now because I keep falling apart, but I need to thank you Mom for taking care of my babies. I will never be able to express the gratitude and comfort I have knowing you are there. I'm sorry so much has been put on you, but I'm just so happy it's you. Thank you Robin, for watching the kids and listening to me blubber on the phone. I am so blessed to have a friend like you. I got the pic that Thor sent from dinner tonight and the kids looked really happy.

I'll write more tomorrow





6 comments:

Denise said...

I am so sorry about your son and know how hard that must be to be away from your babies when they are sick, no matter how old they are!

Ava is stunningly beautiful and I love the flower bow in her hair.

I will be praying for your son and for God to give you peace~

Kate said...

Stephanie,
Oh, my heart is breaking for you. I'm praying that your son recovers quickly and for you and the rest of your family.
Kate

RamblingMother said...

she is precious. so sorry about your son. Praying for him and you!!

AMADOR said...

MY QUEEN;
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH JIM AND ALL OF YOU.BE CALM AND KEEP FOCUS.THE GOOD LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF THINGS.I AM GLAD MANDO IS WITH SIS,SHE CALLED ME LAST NIGHT WITH ANXIETY IN HER VOICE.TAKE CARE OF ONE ANOTHER,GOD'S SPEED..
LOVE NINO,
P.S.
GIVE A HUG TO DAVE AND KISS TO AVA..

Joanne said...

Hi Stephanie and Dave,

We are all praying for Jimmy. The girls have been in constant contact with him.

Always remember that prayers are very powerful. Your family is in our prayers each and everyday. Guz is praying the Rosary each day on his way to work for our Jimmy and for you all. My girls will keep a close eye on their brother! :)
Take care and we love you!

Jo

Ava is a beauty and we are so glad that she is bonding so well.

Les said...

If you need me to take care of anything for you, post it on blog and I am there. Anything Steph. Poor Jimmy! My heart is broken. I know you are in a lot of pain, but just know that you are almost home. Thank God his dad can be reached and is there. I will be at your house next Sat. If that plan is still on. Jimmy is strong Steph. He will be fine. I just know it.

I love you! Don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.